Saturday, July 13, 2013

Maha Bandula Park

     Maha Bandula Park is a public park , lacated in downtown Yangon , Myanmar . The park is surrounded by some of the important buildings in the area such as Sule Pagoda , Yangon City Hall and High Court .The park is named after general Mahar bandula , who fought against the British in the First Anglo Burmese War ( 1824 - 1826 ) , and includes the Independence Monument , an obelisk in commemoration of Myanmar independence from the British in 1948 .

     The park was formerly named Fitch Square after English trader Ralph Fitch . The park is popular with Tai Chi practitioners in the morning and in the evening .

No comments:

Post a Comment